Milind S Patke
Executive Director (HSSE &Biofuels)
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, AMaharatna Company
A B.E. (Mech.) from Delhi College of Engineering and PGPMX from IIM Indore (later in career)Mr. Patkejoined BPCL in 1984.
His marketing assignments in BPCL in various locations have given him a vast exposure. He has represented his company in several business meetings in US, Middle East, London and Singapore. During his brief upstream tenure he was also handling company’s assets in Russia and Brazil. Some of his achievements in BPCL which created a difference are
1. Establishing tie ups with Major International and national Original equipment manufacturers for BPC’s Lubricants
2. Setting up an integrated supply chain for lubricants in BPCL and leading SCM APO implementation to drive down cost of procurement and inventory.
3. Leading a countrywide CRM initiative and setting up of customer care system in BPCL.
4. Envisioning Branding of BPCL to give it a differentiation.
5. Optimization of coastal input across Indian coastline to reduce cost of placement.
His current assignment as Head of HSSE and Biofuels is latest in his challenging stints. Under his leadership BPCL will be setting up first ever 2nd generation Ethanol plant in Orissa. As a corporate role holder for Safety in BPCL, he is attempting to create a culture for safety across Refining, storage, distribution and customer safety in India.
His recipe for success is to have a positive outlook in life at all times and never stop learning. His wife, Manjari is a homemaker. His elder daughter is married and a design historian currently in San Francisco. His younger daughter, an engineering graduate from BITS Pilani has recently joined a Fintechstartup in Bangalore.